The brand-new Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Researcher Fellowships is offered for prospects in the structure years of their postdoctoral professions in either ophthalmology or breathing illness.
TheISSF at Queen’s University Belfast is developed to establish 2 of our core research study strengths, in ophthalmology and breathing illness, both which currently have extraordinary worldwide track records.
The new Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Researcher Fellowships is available for candidates in the foundation years of their postdoctoral careers in either ophthalmology or respiratory disease.
The ISSF at Queen’s University Belfast is designed to develop two of our core research strengths, in ophthalmology and respiratory disease, both of which already have exceptional international reputations.
Queens University Belfast is ranked among the top 200 universities in the world (QS World Rankings 2019). Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
Scholarship are available to pursue Postdoctoral research.
Scholarship are awarded to study clinical and biomedical research.
The salary scale for the posts is £32,548 – £38,833 per annum (potential to progress to £42,418 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution) and generous funding is available to assist with research start-up costs.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship .
Criteria To Eligible :
- Applicants must provide a relevant degree with a PhD completed in a relevant subject.
- He or she must provide a specific expertise in either of the strategic research areas ophthalmology or respiratory.
- Must have Up to 4 years relevant post PhD experience.
- Must provide an evidence of significant contribution to the chosen area of research, e.g. publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which would enhance and complement the research strategy of the University.
- Must have an Experience in developing research methodologies and devising models, approaches, critiques and methods.
- Must have the Ability to contribute to the wider administration and management processes of the University.
- Sufficient breadth and knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and techniques relevant to the type of research undertaken.
- Must have a good Experience, achievement and growing reputation in the discipline.
- Must have a Strong analytical capability.
- Must have the Ability to contribute to the University’s outreach programmes.
- Must have the Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation while working as part of a wider team.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: All source of applications should be submitted on or before September14, 2018